Our community has significant historical items dating back to the 1870’s. These include WW1 honour rolls, photographs, furniture, paintings, significant sporting memorabilia and items of interest from both the Patho and Welton Schools. These links to our past are currently scattered throughout our district. The old school building will provide a suitable public location for the display and preservation of these items.
In providing this facility the Management Committee is keen to maintain the authenticity of the original school building. This requires the re-installation of the chimney and fireplace which was removed when the building was first moved from its original site to the Patho Church grounds where it was used as a church hall for many years. The replacement chimney has been sourced from the former Mologa South State School; now privately owned and in a state of disrepair. The owner of this former school building, Ian Jones, kindly consented to the Torrumbarry Hall Committee dismantling and re-erecting relevant sections of the building at Torrumbarry.
Patho State School has a strong link with the neighbouring Torrumbarry community. When Patho School closed in 1979 the remaining students transferred to Welton PS at Torrumbarry using the Welton Bus Service which was established for this purpose. Patho/Torrumbarry is in fact one community so there are very strong family links to the old Patho School with a number of past students of Patho still residing in our district.